Tuesday 9 November 2021

Star Ornaments Cards

 Hello All.

A few days ago, Birgit Koopsen did an online tutorial for Michaels the US craft store, using a Gelli Plate to decorate masking tape, then using it to create some ornament Christmas cards. Here's a link to the YouTube video if you're interested.

I finally put the finishing touches to my cards today, after my walk, and here they are.


The idea is that the recipient can take the ornament off the card to use as a tree decoration. I added some extra sparkle with some Patina Stickles glitter glue.


I'm linking these cards to Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge Day 9.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison

10 comments:

  1. These are brilliant Alison -what a clever idea -going to check out the idea but I don't have a gelli plate
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love how your cards/ornaments turned out Alison. I saw the class but haven't made anything yet, need to get my XXX in gear. I love Birgit, she does great techniques with the Gelli plate. I have some painted masking tape strips still hanging on the back of my door since June - oops, need to get on that! Happy AEDM! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea. They look gorgeous and everyone who gets one will be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are fabulous! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Christmas cards. I love the star and how it hangs there. Beautiful work Alison! Hope you're having a nice day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, isn't that the cleverest idea?? And yours look fabulous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea, Alison. Very clever. I'm off to see that video because it sounds like something I would be interested in learning about. Thanks for the link and great cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like yours even better because you outlined the outsides, which made it even more professional looking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this when I first saw it on IG. They really do look fabulous, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.