Thursday 18 November 2021

A Gratitude Quote

 Hello All.

Day 14 of Gratitude Junk Journal had a quote prompt. 

'When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out, and the tide of love rushes in.' - Kristin Armstrong.


I collaged some teabag papers and scraps of book text, then gessoed over them. The marks are some I painted onto tissue, then adhered them to my page with matt medium. I love how the tissue becomes invisible. I've been making lots of this tissue collage, using up black paint from my palette. I always seem to squeeze out more than I need!


I painted the large heart, wrote out the quote, added black pen outlines and scribble writing around the heart.

Then I painted and added drips and splatters with diluted coffee. I also added some blue paint and gold acrylic ink splashes.


I'm linking my page to Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge Day 18.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison

8 comments:

  1. Lovely page and quote-happy Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used teabags on your page. Coffee I have used before. I think tea comes in many colors so lots to try out. But you have to drink some too. :) Your page gave me some idea o use later on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous worK, Alison!hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful and oh so true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a joy to see this page up close. Your use of both tea bags and coffee make it rich looking, but so do the gold splatters. I love the asemic writing around the heart, too. This is great for Day 18 of AEDM, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a beautiful quote! The teabag collaged background looks amazing with all those fabulous drips and I love the blue grey of the heart - perfect 😁. I hope you've had a lovely week, happy weekend! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful quote for a beautiful page! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.