Wednesday 10 November 2021

A Reason To Be Grateful - Not having to Cook

 Hello All.

For Gratitude Junk Journal Day 6's reason to be grateful prompt, we had to make a page about not being grateful for not having to cook for a day. As we aren't going to restaurants these days, my gratitude was for a picnic on a glorious Summer's day.


A collage base with turquoise paint scraped over the top, then some bold paint marks. I adhered patterned paper clouds, trees, and a summer meadow and picnic cloth, and magazine images of bread and wine. I added some pencil shading, and finished with a hand-written title and some black ink splashes.


I'm linking up to Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge Day 10, and Chris' All Kinds Of Weather theme for Art Journal Journey.

I'm thankful to report that I haven't suffered any nasty side effects from my 3rd Covid jab, just a slightly aching arm. I was able to have a lovely walk with my parents and Wednesday walking group today, and to spend the afternoon making this page 😊

I hope you've had a good day also.

Thanks so much for dropping by,

Alison

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal page love the picnic spread and flowered trees
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I just love this. I looks like a glorious day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a picnic sounds great to me :) Your clouds seem to ahve a little rain in them. But not too much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely Alison, what a nice thought at this time of the year, and I love the pops of pink. Happy AEDM! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made the clouds and trees! I also love using music in collage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh a picnic. I love that idea. What a great page for Chris’ challenge at AJJ. This came out great Alison Thanks for the well wishes. Hugs -Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was here before I got my shot, but I got a 502 google error, which said to try back later. So I am finally here. Your picnic sounds wonderful, and it even looks great. I think it was probably enhanced by all that wine. This is a fabulous entry for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Love the trees where you had the picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear you have had a great day and are now boostered up.
    So you don't go to restaurants either? Thought I was the only one who didn't fancy trying them out as yet. Love the idea of your summer picnic, you could always have one on the rug by the fire in winter - might be fun.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.