Sunday 7 November 2021

Gratitude Junk Journal - Day 4 - A Quote

 Hi Everyone.

I have another page to share for the Gratitude Junk Journal course, and the theme for this one is a quote.

'Be grateful not only for others, but also for yourself.'


I laid down some collage, then scraped light blue acrylic over it, then I painted the woman hugging herself, and added some Autumn leafy vines around her. I stamped the quote using alphabet stamps, and finished with some paint splashes. I really wish I could draw hands! 😁


I'm linking my page to Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge, Day 7, and also to Chris' All Kinds of Weather theme at Art Journal Journey.

I hope you've had a lovely weekend,

Thanks for visiting,

Alison

10 comments:

  1. I love this girl and the sentiment. It is sometimes difficult to feel grateful for oneself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice piece. A bit dreamy and I like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. Hands are so difficult to get correctly, but these do look wonderful. This is a pretty piece and perfect for Chris' challenge at AJJ also. I love the idea behind the quote too. Have a great start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I could draw, period! You did an excellent job with the woman. She turned out great and I absolutely adore how you created her. She sure has heart. The quote is brilliant and true. The leaf vines make the page perfect with the contrasting colors. It also is great for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey. A great drawing today, and a nice bit of gratitude, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great drawing and quote, this is so pretty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous page, Alison. Love how you painted the lady, and the quote is so true. Thanks for joining us at AJJ, much appreciated! Have a great, new week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous journal page and love the woman you drew-I just wish I could draw!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your page Alison, and your girl. Hands are hard aren't they? I did a class once where you had to draw your own hand in various ways and that wasn't so bad but then when it came to drawing other people's hands, it was a big fail lol. Happy AEDM Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Alison, she's beautiful. I love the quote! Thank you for joining us again at AJJ, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is soooooo sweet and pretty. Great drawing, mood reflection, and words. Another fab creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.