Friday 5 November 2021

Gratitude Day 2 and Week 44 of 52 Weeks Art Journal

 Hello All.

I love it when I can combine a couple of challenges/classes in one piece of art. 

For Day 2 of Gratitude Junk Journal, we used a phrase or quote that someone had inspired us with, and that we adhered to. I thought of the phrase 'Life Is Too Short'. I can't remember where I first heard it, but it's something I say a lot.

And the prompt for week 44 of Raspberry Blue Sky's 52 Weeks Art Journal challenge is 'Get Messy'. This prompt could have been made for me! Grin! I think that life is too short to make neat and tidy art. More grinning!

Here's my page...


I used a few pieces of collage I had in my collage fodder basket, including the half face sketch, that was left over from a class a while ago. I used a palette knife to scrape Seaglass Fresco Finish acrylic over, sketched some leaves, added some stencilled fabric strips and diluted coffee, wrote my quote, then added splashes of neon pink acrylic ink. I also painted the lips with the pink ink. So yummy!!!


I'm linking my page to Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge Day 5.

Here's a bundle of fabric collage fodder I made this week, using acrylic paint and stencils on strips of gauze bandage. I used a dotty one on my page above.


Thanks for dropping by!

A happy Friday to you all,

Alison


10 comments:

  1. Your collage fodder is amazing. What a super idea. And I'm with you about messy. Love this page and those orange & red dots! Nice art for Leah's challenge. Have a super end of your week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison what a cleaver idea with the gauze. Love the face too. Have a nice Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous collage page,love the face and great sentiment.Brilliant idea with the stamping on gauze before I read it I thought it was a new scarf!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this journal page, one of my favourites Great idea with stamping on gauze, I must try that! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea to create your own stripes like that. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Messy is definitely your style, dear. I love the fabric strips you stenciled and I love the journal page you created. It is truly YOUR STYLE, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful journal page and hand written quote. Colouring gauge bandage - what a clever idea. If you don't mind, I would like to try that out please. Thank you! :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soma! Please do try colouring some gauze, it makes wonderful collage. I got the technique from a class with Dee Dee Catron.

      Delete
  8. Very creative fodder! And a cool page, love your sketch. And had to LOL, yes, I say that often myself...LITS for... but okeydokey, Miss Thang, Life can be too short for MESSY art too, ya know! winkwink ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Bring on the mess, I say! Another gorgeous page. Happy AEDM! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.