Wednesday 24 November 2021

GJJ - Day 18 - A Question Of Gratitude

 Hello All.

Day 18's question of gratitude was 'When did something recently make you smile, or laugh out loud?'

My page is about a walk I recently went on, with my two friends and their dogs. It was lovely to catch up with my friends, and the dogs had such a lovely time, playing and racing around the woods and fields. They really made me smile and laugh, and my spirits were lifted so much.

I used a couple of green acrylics and orange in my background, with a couple of my hand-carved leaf stamps, and splashes of green paint and gold acrylic ink. 

I printed a couple of photos that one of my friends took, and glued them to the page, adding some gold leaf ribbon, and journaling.

That's me in the blue crochet hat and grey fleece, with my friend Louise. The dogs are Samson, Tilly and Pascal, left to right in the top photo.

I'm linking my page to Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge, Day 24, and also to Chris' All Kinds Of Weather theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison



14 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal page, Allison. How nice to see you and your friend, and the happy dogs. I'm a dog lover, too. I love how you framed the photo with
    the leaves.
    Wishing you happy days ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. animals and kids usually have fun with the leaves :)
    Did you forget to linkup, I did not see your link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous page for my theme at AJJ. It does look as though the dogs were keeping you amused. You captured the dampness of the woodland floor perfectly with your background. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous journal page as always! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Alison, you all look like you are having fun but the dogs look especially joyful! Happy AEDM! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page and great record of happy memories
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun journal page, Alison. Loved seeing the dogs at play. They looked like they were having a really good time, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey. I love how the autumn leaves on the ground were a part of the photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous page Alison, I love the added gold leaves! Dogs playing always brings a smile to my face, sounds like a wonderful day.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to this page so much Alison. Having dogs, I know what you mean about them making you smile and laugh. I think that is one good things dogs give to us, and your page is pure gratitude. It's a beauty. Love seeing those dogs. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so taken by the pups I forget to say thanks for sharing with us for Chris' challenge at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dogs at the local park make me laugh too. Specially when I am down photographing something, they always come running toward me. This is such a lovely and happy page, Alison! All of you are having such fun time together.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fantastic page, thank you for linking to Chris's AJJ theme. It was lovely to see the pictures of the dogs playing together and I'm sure the walk would be enjoyed by yourselves as well as the dogs.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely happy journal page Alison. One which will remind you for years to come of all the happiness and laughter that you had with your two friends and the three dogs.
    Well done - love the leaf stamp.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super happpy page. Dogs and friends - a great combination and I love that you captured it so well on your page, Alison. HUgz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.