Saturday 27 November 2021

GJJ - Day 20 - A Quote of Gratitude

 Hi Everyone.

I love the quote for Day 20 of Gratitude Junk Journal. It's all about being grateful for what you have, and not complaining about the things you want.

A fairly simple page (for me), just a collage of Seven Gypsies patterned papers and some old book page scraps. A little turquoise paint scraped over with a palette knife, some quickly sketched flowers and outlines with my Stabilo All black pencil, then activated with water. I held up my journal to get some drips, and added some splatters. I stamped the quote out using my trusty Hero Arts alphabet set, then finished with some white acrylic ink splatters.

I'm linking my page to Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge Day 27

I think my page has some Summer vibes with the flowers and the turquoise sky, and maybe the drips are a Summer shower, so I'm also linking to Chris' All Kinds Of Weather theme at Art Journal Journey.

I hope you're all having a good weekend.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison


10 comments:

  1. I'm super impressed you actually stamped each letter individually. That must have taken a lot of time. I also really love your flowers and of course your signature splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful is exactly what this is and that quote is so true. A fabulous page for my theme at AJJ, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your collaged pages and great sentiment
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collage and page Alison, love the quote, it's so true. Happy AEDM! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like simplysity, and this beautiful page. The cool color and the quote tell the same language.
    Happy weekend ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page Alison and in my favourite colours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful weather scene Alison. Its cold here today with an arctic wind so no flowers blooming. Therefore seeing those on your page is great. I love the quote too. I hope its been a good Saturday and thanks for sharing at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page. The quote is so true! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.