Saturday 6 November 2021

Gratitude Junk Journal Day 3 with Ayala Art

 Hello Everyone.

I have another art journal page to share with you today. Martha aka Ayala Art's class was titled 'Gratitude For Your Backbone'. For example, our strength and forbearance.


We lay down some collage, then sketched and painted the woman, adding beads to accentuate her backbone. I darkened the left side of the page with Prussian Blue acrylic, and lightened the right with Snowflake Fresco acrylic. I added the circles using a lid and Snowflake acrylic, and finished with some paint splashes. I also wrote some words up her left side with a white chinagraph pencil.


I'm linking my page at Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge, Day 6.

It looks as though she is out in the snow, so I'm also linking up to Chris' All Kinds of Weather theme at Art Journal Journey.

She'd better get some clothes on! That butterfly shouldn't be out there either. 

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison

12 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh I REALLY love this piece. Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought to add the bead chain. Wow. This is amazing Alison. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the way you treated the backbone. Nice and very clever, too. You have certainly given us a real gem today, and you made her body really stand out due to your shading using the different paints. This is a great entry and it's also a fun take on Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. I hope she and the butterfly get out of the snow soon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great journal page and love the backbone of beads
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one Alison, and your girl is beautiful. She does look like she is hugging herself to keep warm in the snow, so yes she needs to put a jumper on. Love what you did with her backbone and her shoulder blades. Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to say thanks for linking up to AJJ also. And those books you ordered sound great. Especially the one based on the P&P middle sister. (I looked them up.) hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. Love it. That is pretty much how my back feels when I don´t have the muscles on both sides of the spine. Of course, mine is not that pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, Alison, I loved it when I saw it on FB. You painted the woman really well! Have a great day, have fun, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous page! Love how you represented the backbone with the hearts - perfect 😁. I hope you're having a lovely weekend! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty blues and great sketching, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous page Alison, the art class sounds really good fun.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!Yes it is snowing but she'll catch her death of cold! Thanks so much for sharing this at AJJ, hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.