Tuesday 16 November 2021

Gratitude Junk Journal Day 11 - A Reason To Be Grateful

 Hello Everyone!

For Day 11 of the Gratitude Junk Journal course, our reason to be grateful prompt was to choose our favourite season. I chose Autumn, as I love all sorts of things about it, but especially the colours this time of year.


I first collaged some appropriate colours of gelliplate prints, added some black paint marks, and stamped with my hand carved leaf. I also added white paint pen splatters at this point. 

I drew the large leaf shapes, then painted around them with nickel azo gold acrylic. I added black pen outlines and white pen doodles and writing, then wrote my title.

I'm linking my page to Chris' All Kinds of Weather theme at Art Journal Journey, and Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge Day 16.

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous page, one of my faves. Have a great evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page and love the rich Autumn colours-Autumn is my favourite time too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful page Alison. I love the orange over the blue and green paper, and how you created those leaves. Hope your day went well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to add thanks for joining Chris' challenge also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love autumn, Alison. Of course, I love spring, too, but autumn has its own set of lovely colors and beauty. You certainly got a lot of use out of your gelli plate and this is a real gem. Thanks for also sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Chris's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alison. I always enjoy looking at this technique done and I'm pleasantly surprised you got that kind of contrast variation with just quin gold! Amazing and a great tip to remember. Besides, it's such a happy color to play with, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, Love this, it jumped straight to my heart :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this wonderful cheerful page for my theme at AJJ Alison. I love the colour you have used - the white pen really highlights the leaves so well, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't agree with your more! It is such a beautiful page, full of rich colours of autumn.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.