Friday 2 March 2018

Replenish and Peek Through

Hello Everyone! 

It's still snowy and now icy outside, I believe, I haven't ventured out for three days. Plenty to keep me occupied though, Day 26 of Rae's Art Marks Challenge being one of them. Today's word is 'Replenish'. Apart from having a larder and fridge that desperately needs replenishing, I have replenished my creative heart and soul doing this challenge.


I used some gelli printed book page and a tea bag from yesterday's play, added some lines of red acrylic, some blue dots and circles, a cut out heart, black paint splatters and wrote the word.  Finished with some pencil scribbles. I love the white space on this page.


Onto some Gelli Plate play for Birgit Koopsen's challenge. Today's prompt was 'Peek Through', which is a great technique. I used torn and cut out circles and ovals as my masks, to get the peek through effect. 


Here are my little mask shapes, they'll be great collage pieces for an art journal page or two!


And a couple of pages, using up paint on the plate between prints.


Happy Friday!

Alison x



13 comments:

  1. The replenishing of your creative hesrt and soul looks super and those papers and shapes are fantastic dear Alison!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving (once again) those gelliprint circles-how cool! And I am especially in love with heart piece. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page, the blues with the red is amazing! It looks like you've been having lots of creative fun with all those wonderful makes too 😁. It's been a joy to see all the fabulous art work that you have created while you've been on your creative journey during this challenge too! Thanks for sharing and Happy Friday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you get out soon - but it's mighty brrr out there! we were sent home early today as it started snowing again. Love these - especially the replenish piece, it's stunning. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun pages Alison! Your replenish page is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Replenish may be my favorite of all the art mark pieces you've made so far. Everything about it made me smile.

    I am now MORE than certain I quit too quickly when I use my gelli plate. I would never do as many pulls on a single piece as you did. These are incredible, and I really LOVE the brayer clean-up pages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous art pieces, I love the Replenish page you shared today.
    Stay safe and warm, I know how you feel about having to stay in because of the weather, still it does have its compensations and we can get creating.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative and great journal page and backgrounds you made
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your replenish page Alison, it's something I have been doing for many this week making sure family that can not get out during the BIG Freeze are all stocked up with their necessaries and extras.
    I would have loved to have joined in with Birgets Gelli Challenge but knew with the present conditions i'd not be able to concentrate & I hate being a late starter. I will just have to continue enjoying everyone else's makes << always a delight!
    Warm hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Working my way backwards through a few posts - lots of lovely things too see and I'm thinking I might have to get my Gelli plate out as well as the mini shapes :)
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're getting the benefit of you being ice-bound in your house. I like that your Replenish page is centered on heart. I feel that joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one! Great selection of colours too! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous work Alison, I haven't ventured out at all this week except to put food out for the birds.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.