Friday 23 March 2018

Abstract Spring Art Journal Page

Hello Folks! 

I used a Gelli Print to create a page in my art journal today, adding 3 square teabags, stamping with Dina Wakley images, and finishing with some outlines and doodles. I'm entering my page for Rosie's Spring Challenge at Art Journal Journey.


I made some more multiple layer backgrounds with my Gelli Plate, using Birgit Koopsen's One Print Technique on YouTube. I used part of the print on the left for the above journal page.


And here are my Gelli Prints for today's theme of Spray Inks. I followed another of Birgit's YouTube tutorials for this HERE, with Dylusion's Ink Sprays and a Stencil Girl stencil.


Have a great weekend,

Alison x



12 comments:

  1. I am thrilled about this vibrant spring pages! So happy and those prints are fantastic! I do hope all that happy colours and patterns and marks will encourages warmer weather for us all! Happy weekend Alison! Thanks so much for another fantastic entry linked to Art Journal Journey!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the Spring colours on your journal page and more fabulous gelli prints
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely to see how you are using the gelli prints. Its a fantastic journal page.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful spring page! The bright colours look wonderful with the stamping and doodles 😁. Wishing you a great weekend too! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THESE tea bags look like the ones I'm used to. I adore what you did with them in conjunction with your gelli print for the background. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Art Journal Journey today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page and love the prints. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your page with the clover for st patricks day too..off to check out birgit..have a happy weekend too

    ReplyDelete
  8. So full of colour Alison it's like Summer has arrived!! I had to search for the teabags today, another grey day doesn't help the eyesight! Always happy to see your fabulous Gelli Prints.
    Happy Saturday Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I never thought of using spray inks on a Gelli plate before, but they sure work out nicely. They sure look good! Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous work - gorgeous colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard for me to think of these as "backgrounds". They are works of art on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful artwork, Alison

    Thank you for joining us at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.