Sunday 4 March 2018

Joy and Texture

Hello Folks!

I have my final Artmarks page to share today, for Rae's February Artmark Love challenge on Instagram. The final word prompt is 'Joy'. A perfect word to finish on, this challenge has been a joy to take part in!


Lots of collage, marks, and of course teabags.


I'm also sharing my Gelli prints for Birgit's March challenge, Day 4. The theme is 'Texture'. I found a great YouTube video by Cat Hand, showing Dendritic Monoprinting. Here are some process photos and the final prints.

Three little blobs of paint on my large Gelli Plate...


I used a small round Gelli plate to squish the paint...


Lifting off creates the texture...


I used a single little blob of pink acrylic to create some circle prints...


To take the prints, you lay your paper very gently on the paint, and press very lightly. If you've ever tried printing with inks on shaving foam, it's a bit like that. Pressing hard will destroy the texture.



Wishing you all a happy Sunday,

Alison x





10 comments:

  1. Lovely, joyful page and great gelli prints, looks like you really had fun. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the joy page and your Gelli colours are fab

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you saved the most joy for last. This page is wonderful, full of JOY, and of course, full of color and a tea bag, too. You must really drink a LOT of tea.

    I was very, very impressed with your gelli tutorial. I only have the 8 X 11 plate, so wouldn't be able to replicate that technique. However, after seeing these prints, I think they look like sea corals. I think they are beautiful and I am SO in awe of how you use your gelli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful page and great backgrounds with the gelli plate ! Happy start of the new week ahead! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the joy in that art! :)

    I don't know anything about this gelli process, but I do know I love what you ended up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous gelli prints, I love the bright colours. Its a fantastic journal page as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the circle Gelli print effect. Plus those great colors! And your journal page. All those little white hearts really make it more than just beautiful colors and you wouldn't even need the words to make it a complete page! :) happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant journal page and I love the Gelli prints.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page but wow love the texture prints and such a simple technique
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful colours as always! I love the teabag with the string and tag still attached too 😁. Beautiful textures hello print textures and did you notice that your circular Gelli plate looks the perfect shape for your teabags too ...lol 😉. I hope you had a lovely weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.