Thursday 8 March 2018

International Women's Day

Happy International Women's Day Everyone!

I'm celebrating with a Spring/friendship page in my art journal for Rosie's Spring Challenge at art Journal Journey.


The women were images cut from a clothing catalogue to use as silhouettes for gel printing. I cut the heart and punched the flowers from some colourful scraps on my desk.

And here are my monoprints for Birgit's Day 8 'Silhouette' Challenge. I warn you, there are more than a few!!!

These are made with the catalogue cut outs...





And these were made with That's Crafty! stencils...






Happy crafting,

Alison x








9 comments:

  1. Its a fantastic quote you used on the journal page today. the women silhouette figures look super.
    All your prints look good and I love the ones with the birds.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful prints Alison, I love your women print for today , and the text- and so beautiful birds, too. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful gelli prints, the birds are my faves today. Great journal page, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had completely forgotten abut International Women's Day, so I was thrilled you highlighted them. I really LOVE what you did with the spring inspired art journal piece for Art Journal Journey.

    Of course, I was equally inspired by the masks you created, because I did something similar once. I covered mine (one woman only) with transparent tape on both sides. It still is going strong. All your gelli prints are fabulous today. I really LOVE the women, but I also like the birds, too. You are a genuine inspiration, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that firdt page; it has such a sunny-warm feeling!
    And great to see those monoprints; got inspired...so thanks Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your design and the use of this trio of women's silhouettes. Happy Women's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page and love how your inspired thinking for the images and great backgrounds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to celebrate International Women's Day! I love all of your gelli prints! Limited myself to two today! Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought to use magazine cut outs on gelli prints for their shapes, but that is a really good idea Alison. Your Woman's Day pages are excellent, and I really like your other prints too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.