Monday 5 March 2018

Art Journal Journey - Spring

Hi Everyone!

I have an art journal page to share today for Rosie's Spring Challenge at Art Journal Journey. Today's theme for Birgit's Gelli Print Challenge was Crayon Resist, so I've used that technique on my page. The flowers, sun and birds were created with wax crayons, then I used a small round gelli plate and turquoise acrylic paint to colour the whole page. Then I scraped the paint away from the wax to reveal the wax colours. Cool isn't it? 


Here are some more wax resist pieces...


For the pieces below, I made wax rubbings with stencils, before applying the paint.


If you're on Instagram, there are some amazing challenge examples to be seen, using the hashtag birgitkoopsengelprintingchallenge.

Happy Monday to you all,

Alison x



15 comments:

  1. Such cool pieces and great pics on instagramm as well! So glad you linked this beautiful first piece to Art Journal Journey dear Alison! That's little landscape is terrific - I adore it!
    Happy new week !
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page and resist backgrounds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wax resist pieces are really cool! I bet it was fun using this technique too 😁. Have a great new week! J 😊
    p.s. Now you've reminded me of Instagram, I've been meaning to say how wonderful Vietnam looks and the photo of all those lanterns looks so beautiful! Happy Travels to Beth! J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a remarkable journal page and a clever way to show resist. I like the colors and the way you removed the paint to show the wax resist underneath. The other resists are quite good, too. These are all most impressive, but the spring inspired journal page is pure joy. So delighted you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I would have been by sooner, but I got hung up at Birgit's Instagram site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, lovely colours and textures. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! The colors are so bright. This "gelli" process is fascinating :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks beautiful Alison. I love how you created this page.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it amazing how we can take that little wax crayon for granted.. fabulous trio of techniques shared Alison, I especially love the little created scene!
    Look forward to the next..
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab wax resist play and I love your Spring page-truly delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice effect of those wax resists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all wondaerful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful technique pieces, Alison

    Thank you for sharing at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your spring inspired art journal page looks very beautiful! This Crayon Resist is a cool technique, I guess it makes much fun, I will try too!
    Wish you a happy day! Rike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.