Sunday 11 March 2018

Birgit Koopsen's 31 Days of Gel Printing Challenge - Day 11 - Cardboard Tubes

Hello and Happy Mothering Sunday to you all!

I'm having a lovely day so far. Although my children aren't here with me, I received a delivery of a beautiful bunch of flowers and a card from my son, and just had a lovely video chat with my daughter in who's in Vietnam. So I'm feeling very blessed. 

I've also been playing with my Gelli Plate again, using cardboard tubes for Birgit's Day 11 challenge. Following one of her YouTube videos, I added various textures (fabric, wallpapers and sequin waste) to some tubes. I also made some printing tools with wider tubes, following a tutorial by Carolyn Dube.


These are the first set of prints I took...


Then I remembered to use the end of a tube, and made some more prints onto index cards...



I also did some Gelli Plate printing on my seven teabags for week 10 of the 365 Somethings Challenge on Instagram. I used PaperArtsy and Carabelle Studio masks on these...


Hope you all have a lovely Sunday, I'm off to visit and spoil my Mum this afternoon.

Alison x





10 comments:

  1. Wow--- amazing tools and prints! Happy Mother's Day to you!
    Happy Sunday ! oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Alison. Too bad your kids aren't home to visit but still,it is nice to hear from them and they have a life to live also. :) I am learning so much from your Gelli printing days. This is an idea I would never think of. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 days of gel printing... I wish, can't even manage one day! But this looks like so much fun! Keep it up, the results are ace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, happy Mother's Day. I was in awe of the pieces you created. These would be great for recycled projects, too. I really like how the prints turned out.

    I am also LOVING your tea bags. This week's art is so different. I hope you can keep it up, because I'm feeling a bit flat. I really like these and hope you keep them all together. What a fun project this is turning into for you. Thanks for sharing these.

    Now go spoil your mother like your children spoiled you, dear Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous backgrounds and great printed teabags
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. More super printing, the teabag selection looks super.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, such beauties you're making! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, my brayer isn't open ended like yours so I haven't had the chance to play with this prompt. I'm loving your work and will have to try and think of another way to try this! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Alison these are all so brilliant - wish I could have tried the rolling technique with these fab textures! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.