Saturday 2 January 2021

January 2021 Calendar

 Hello All!

I'm here to start my 2021 blogging year off with my art journal calendar spread for January.

The year has begun with icy cold weather, so I've used PaperArtsy's Seaglass Fresco Finish acrylic, scraped over some collaged teabag papers. Then I used white acrylic and a Seth Apter Impression Obsession stamp to add a background pattern. I splattered on some gold paint, then used burnt umber acrylic and PaperArtsy stamps for the title, and Tim Holtz patterned paper for the journaling rectangles.

Here are some close ups of the teabag texture and background. I love using teabags, so I'm entering my pages at Art Journal Journey, where Erika's theme is 'Favourite Things'.


And here are my completed December pages. Lots of walks, art time, and catching up with family online.

I hope you have a happy and creative weekend,

Alison xox


11 comments:

  1. Your calendar looks amazing Alison. I love your monthly blocks and your background is fantastic. Painting over teabag paper really makes a super texture. This is a great way to start the month in art. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. Happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful new calendar page, have fun filling it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I was delighted to see you chose teabags as part of your background for favorite things. Your January calendar is looking so good. I absolutely adore it. And I loved seeing how much you accomplished in December despite being socially distanced most of the time. Thanks for sharing your January calendar pages with us at Art Journal Journey, too, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love that you used teabags and all that great texture. Super cool colors too. Fab pages - happy New Year! Impressed by the filled up December calendar too. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alison thank you for your best wishes comments and I am finally feeling a lot better!Fabulous background and love the TH paper rectangles
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Ali. What a great way to start the year off. Loving the seaglass colour. Hugs Flo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely wonderful calendar page Alison! Love the background and a great way to use those TH papers! Hugs, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful pages! I love the grungy background and all the different papers that you chose for each day - perfect 😁. Happy and creative wishes! All the best for 2021! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful new calendar page and the backgorund is absolutely great!
    Hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your January calendar is lovely and frosty and the entry spaces themselves are works of art even before filling in each day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh I love your art so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.