Thursday 14 January 2021

Creative JumpStart Day 7

 Hello Folks! Mystele Kirkeeng was our tutor on day 7 of CJS, and she showed us her art process. This involved using a piece of her painted paper that she'd used up paint on I think, then finding an image on it to develop. Her painting was a portrait, but mine turned out to be a crow.

After painting in the crow, I used a pointed tool to scratch into the paint to add texture. I love doing this! I covered up most of the under paper, but you can still see bits of it if you look very closely. I used artistic licence with the crow's eyes by the way, they're not usually yellow. 

Watching birds is one of my favourite things to do, and we occasionally get the odd crow or two in our garden, so I'm linking up to Erika's Favourite Things theme at Art Journal Journey.

Have a happy and creative day,

Alison xox

6 comments:

  1. I love your crow Alison. I've been trying to figure out how or what I am going to do with this day. I'm having a hard time getting any ideas to congeal in my brain. I loved her way of looking at her paint clean up page and then seeing that great portrait she painted. Yours came out super and I'm glad you shared it with us at AJJ. Thanks. It is also fun having you working through the class too as it's nice to have someone to "chat' about it with. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, love this bird! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alison, thanks for stopping by on my blog - lovely to see you! I've just had a nice wallow through loads of your mixed media stuff - it looks like art has been giving you a lot of pleasure over the last year while things have been so weird. This one looks like it was fun to do and the combination of violet and yello looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful page! It looks like you had fun making all those scratches and it added such lovely texture too 😁. I love to watch the birds too and we have some crows that just about manage to perch on our bird feeder but not for long ...lol 😉. I hope you're having a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page and love the crow-very intelligent birds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your use of sgraffito exceeds anything I could ever create. This is truly amazing. I absolutely LOVE your crow. It's a beauty. Thanks, too for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.