Saturday 16 January 2021

Creative JumpStart Day 10

 Hello All. 

Day 10 of CJS was Setting The Mood with Jimmy Leslie. Jimmy showed us that painting an undercoat of yellow and orange on a canvas would give a finished painting a warm and sunny look. In the same way, a blue or grey undercoat would give a cool finish to a painting.

We both love getting out in nature for a walk or hike, and I used Jimmy's techniques to paint a sunny walk in the countryside. I must admit that I nearly didn't do this class, as I was afraid of making a mess of it. But I decided it's only paper and paint, so I jumped in. I really like the result, as it happens! The grass was looking a bit flat, so I added some contrasting spring daffodils.

Our walk didn't look like that this morning. Today we braved the snow and sleet at 7.30am! It's all gone now though, the rain washed the snow away.

I'm linking up to Erika's Favourite Things theme over at Art Journal Journey.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend,

Alison xox

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous painting! The way the paint is applied looks fabulous and it looks such a beautiful and joyful scene with the colours you chose too 😁. Glad you still enjoyed your walk in the snowy weather there, we've had sunshine most of the day today after fog and then rain most yesterday. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This did come out great Alison. I've been thinking about what to do. Hmmm. I really learned a lot in the video, especially about painting the background. I would like to walk through that spring scene, and the daffs really a nice pop of color in the grass. Thanks for sharing at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed. You have created some real gems, and each day they are all so very different. I can see you are really enjoying this class. I'm also here to thank you for once again joining us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and happy scene you painted here. You did a great job on it. We can dream of Spring while living through the snow and rain. Beautiful and so well done, Alison. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant result and love the daffs under the trees
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.