Thursday 7 January 2021

AJJ - Favourite Things

 Hello All.

I started a new online class on 1st January. Nathalie Kalbach's Creative Jumpstart runs until Valentine's Day, with lots of guest tutors.

On 1st Jan, Nathalie asked us to pick a word, and to make a sign to hang in our studio. I chose 'Emerge' as my word for the year. You may remember that I used this word on an art journal page in December 'here'.

It's a simple sign, collage on a board background, a layer of warm white acrylic, my hand-written word, then a frame of colourful pieces of gel prints. My sign now hangs by my computer.

On 2nd Jan, Marsha Valk was guest tutor with the theme 'Once upon a time'. I always loved, and still do love, fantasy and fairy stories (mainly by Enid Blyton when I was a child), and made my page along those lines. I used images from an old book of fairy tales.


I'm entering my page for Erika's Favourite Things theme at Art Journal Journey.

I hope you're all having a good week, in spite of the crazy times we live in. I'm off to escape with the fabulous Bridgerton on Netflix again :-)

Alison xox


4 comments:

  1. I am doing Jump Start too. All of you talking about classes late last year made me decide it was time to get some fresh inspiration. I recognized that you were doing Jump Start when I saw the sign. I love your fantasy/child story page too. Nice entries for AJJ. Thank you. And have done day 3 yet? I can't wait to see what you create. It sounds your style. I haven't gotten any further myself. Maybe today. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emerge that is a very good word. I also love the fairy art. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sign and your word! Super journal page too. Every time I see you talk about your classes I so wish I had time to take one. Fantasy is so fun especially in these crazy times when real life is not what we want it to be. Love the writing on the journal page. Super creations! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page Alison! The images remind me of a tattered old book my Mum had (and even more tattered by the time my brother, cousins, sons and I had looked through it) when I was little - it only came out for my brother and I if we were poorly in bed - I guess she thought we wouldn't be dragging it around the house to become more tattered. Love your word choice! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.