Friday 8 January 2021

Creative Jumpstart Days 3 and 4

 Hello Everyone!

On day 3 of CJS, Martice Smith had us looking out and about for inspiration to make mixed media abstract collage papers. She used part of a tyvek envelope to create a mask, and used it with a gel plate. Then she added details to her mono-prints with pens.

I found a photo I took of Berlin Wall art, when we were there a few years ago. I love those abstract faces.


 I created masks to use with my gel plate, cutting around the head and eye, and creating hair at the same time.

I used red and turquoise acrylics to make my gel print, then added details with a black paint pen. 

I used the inner and outer parts of the masks at the same time, one on each side of my plate, with the turquoise acrylic, then switched them around, placing them carefully to match them up, when using the red acrylic. I hope that makes sense.

On Day 4, Catherine Scanlon invited us to make a page about ourselves. My page is very different to hers, as my style of art isn't the same, but the idea is to be inspired to make art with a theme.

I love using collage, and I used my favourite colour combination on my page, so I'm linking up to Erika's Favourite things theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks so much for visiting,

Alison xox

8 comments:

  1. I need to watch day 4, but I did make my Gelli prints for day 3 today. I love your organic face with those great lips. I had so much fun Gelli printing I spent 2 hours just making pages, I'll show you them later over the weekend. Hope your weekend starts off nicely. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wall is fabulous. I like your "self" art too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gel plates confuse me. You made a great entry, though, even if I wasn't sure what you were talking about (grin). I really, really love your incredible page about yourself. You certainly are many things, dear. Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself with us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these pages - the page about you is bright and positive! Thanks for sharing at AJJ, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That are fabulous pages!!!!Hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful images, you captured the faces so beautifully! I'm loving your new beginnings page too, so positive and inspirational 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.