Sunday 17 January 2021

Creative JumpStart Day 11

Hello All! 

Day 11 of CJS was Everyday Storytelling with Riikka Kovasin.


 We used different techniques on old receipts and bills, then cut them into little squares to create a mixed media grid background on an envelope. Then we created an art doll focal image, and added some words and doodling.

I used a mix of Carabelle Studio and PaperArtsy stamps, and Tim Holtz word stickers.


Mixed media is my favourite kind of art, and I'm linking this page to Erika's Favourite Things theme at Art Journal Journey.

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend,

Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox


4 comments:

  1. Great page and love all the different techniques on the little squares
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't found any studio time this weekend, but I am so excited to try this lesson. Yours is just amazing. I love how you bound it to a journal page rather than leaving the envelope unconnected. I also have the base stamp of that lady, and I forgot about it because it's been in my stash for a very long time. I'll have to find mine, but I won't copy and use it on my page. It does work really well and that lady's face is beautiful.Thanks for sharing at AJJ Alison. Happy start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ironic I was just looking at an old post where I used old receipts to create a background. Of course, I didn't cut mine up, but turned all the receipts into a background. I really like how you did yours. It's a much different look because each square is a different color. It makes the focal image pop off the page. This is a charming entry for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. I'm sure loving this series, Alison and I love that you share it with AJJ, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such super squares - cool designs and colors, but the figurine steals the show. Love your quotes, her great face and crown, and the colors. Super well done page - love it!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.