Tuesday 12 January 2021

Creative Jumpstart - Day 5

 Hello Everyone. I love sketching quirky birds, so Jodi Ohl's Whimsical Character Story-telling tutorial on Day 5 of Creative Jumpstart was right up my street. And using watercolour paint was a great way to practise using this medium that I'm still getting to grips with. Also, the idea was to use the eyes to give our character an interesting expression.

Here's Nervous Nell...

I'm linking this page with Erika's Favourite Things theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh she is adorable. I am laughing and love her legs. Too cute. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun page! The expression really made me smile and I love her name ...lol 😉. I hope you're having a lovely week, happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nervous Nell is great Alison. You really nailed this challenge. She does look a little nervous, maybe she is learning to do a bird dance and is worried she won't be any good. Thanks for sharing with us at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute, Alison. I love your Nervous Nell. Such a cute bird. Yes, the eyes were a great part of the bird, too. Isn't Jodi Ohl the lady who draws and colors all those houses? Thanks for this clever entry you shared with us at Art Journal Journey, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background and love the quirky bird
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.