Friday 15 January 2021

Creative JumpStart Days 8 and 9

 Hello All. I'm so glad I signed up for the CJS course. It's been well worth the money so far, with a great diversity of projects and techniques.

On Day 8 we had Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's class, Story-telling with Symbols. This involved creating a paper stencil that was personal to us, and using it with Distress Inks and a Gelli Plate. I created a stencil similar to Julie's, with dots representing my family and curves being the hugs we are all missing.

Then on Day 9, Danielle Donaldson's project was an Illustrated Mermouse, using watercolour paint. I painted a Mouse Princess instead. 

Here's Princess Pansy...

I'm linking my page to Erika's Favourite Things theme at Art Journal Journey. Watercolour paint is quickly becoming one of my favourite things to use.

Happy Friday to you all,

Alison xox

4 comments:

  1. You creatively designed the first page and I am fascinated how pretty the journal page is with the mouse.
    Great that you have so much fun painting with watercolors!
    Have a good day, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pieces Alison. Princess Pansy is adorable and Julie's stencil idea is amazing. I haven't made art from either day, but Julie's lesson was a highlight of mine. I never thought of symbolic symbols as she described them. Love your piece you made for that class too. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the symbol you created. Beside the stencil you made, your gelli printing was fabulous. Nicely done. I can't draw a thing, so your cute little mouse had me smiling. It is absolutely adorable. Thanks, too, for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the concept behind your meaningful stencil. Super colors too.

    Love the mouse princess too. Super fun and reminds me of an illustration in a children's book. Lovely, Alison, hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.