Monday 18 January 2021

Creative JumpStart Day 12

Hi Everyone!

Day 12 of CJS was Textural Watercolour with Nancy Curry. It was interesting to watch Nancy's process. I managed to create a painting with some texture, although my cheap watercolour paints didn't work as well as Nancy's artist quality ones. It might be time to invest in some better paints.


 The flower centres were made using fluid acrylic paint, and I used a black watercolour pencil for the flower stems. I added watercolour and acrylic paint splashes to give even more textural effect.

Finishing a page with paint splashes is one of my favourite things to do, so I'm linking up to Erika's Favourite Things theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for dropping by today,

Alison xox

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning! The layers and texture you created with the watercolour paints is amazing 😁. I hope you're having a lovely week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, colorful, and fun. This is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this came out stunning Alison. And the colors look bright and beautiful to me. I think you really nailed this class. You're giving me a tough climb to even create close to you-smile. Thanks for sharing again at AJJ. Much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I wish I had some fabric made out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it, Alison. I may not feel the texture you wanted, but I felt the energy you painted into the flowers. it is truly lovely. It's also a real joy to see you also shared it with us at Art Journal Journey with Erika's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful floral page and love the splatters
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.