Thursday 28 January 2021

Creative JumpStart Day 25

 Hi Everyone!

I'm jumping ahead to Day 25 of CJS, with Gwen Lafleur's class 'Story-telling with supplies'. Gwen's project was a dimensional collage piece, featuring items she had collected from other countries, and items she had in her stash.

I decorated an art journal with a few papers and bits that have been in my stash for a while. My cover features birds and nature that I love. The old clip on earring with the blue stone belonged to my grandmother, and it's nice to see it out on display again. I loved making this piece!


I'm linking up to Erika's Favourite Things theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison xox


9 comments:

  1. This is a real treasure, what a wonderful journal cover! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wonderful journal cover Ali. Love it. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out gorgeous Alison. I love your metal bits and the blue centered earring is a wonderful keepsake added. The metal and gold makes such wonderful pops on the blue. I am excited to get to this class. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at AJJ. Much appreciated. Have a great end of the week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wonderful journal cover, i love this art from your!
    Have a good day , hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous journal cover love the metal corners and that you used your Grandmothers earring
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cover with such super treasures. I have been thinking about how to do my cover and this is a fab idea. Super cool textures, colors, and pieces, Alison. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I missed this. OMG! this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alison i've had a lovely evening scrolling through your creative January, how inspiring to see you so happy in your work, so many for me to comment on but I will start here one of my Favourites. I love Gwen's work, her zest for colour is incredible, inspiration shines in this piece. What a lovely touch that was adding your Grandmothers earring. Beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.