Saturday 26 December 2020

Emerge

Hello Everyone! I hope you all managed to have a wonderful Christmas Day. It was quiet here, just us two, but we had plenty of Face Time chats with our children and families, so we didn't feel too alone. I know that a lot of people are in a much worse situation than we are, so I feel very blessed. 

Here in the UK, it's Boxing Day. Shops would normally be opening with their Boxing Day sales, and people racing to get some bargains. We don't do this in normal times, as neither of us like busy shops and crowds. We're planning a Zoom chat with my family later, and we'll pop to see my mother-in-law who is in a safe bubble with us.

I have another page from my Advent art journal to share with you today, and I'm linking it to Tracey's theme at Art Journal Journey. I used the definition of Emerge, as the face I've painted is emerging from the dark into the light. This could have a lot of meanings. The artist in me emerging? People emerging into the light with the promise of vaccines? For me, it was the artist emerging and growing this year.



Wishing you all a wonderfully festive weekend,

Alison xox


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good day Alison, I think the morning was the strangest for me, the house felt rather lonely but I kept myself busy cooking the Christmas dinner and then delivering it to all but one in my little family. Made the day a little less lonely.. moving on!! I love this piece, with your explanation I think it's one of my favourites, it takes strength to express and share our vision and I find it amazing to see this wonderful woman bloom as she shines through the darkness... Lets hope all our days will continue to glow brighter, she makes me feel very positive about the future.
    Time to stop the waffle and get to bed haa haa. Sweet dreams Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way this seems like a foreshadowing. Maybe emerge should be your word for 2021. You have certainly grown and created a huge amount of art this year, dear friend. I love how you are leaving the darkness and finding the light. This is a great entry for Tracey's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

    I am sorry I'm late visiting. To be honest, on Thursday evening, "it" finally got to me. I simply shut down. I was not ready to celebrate or even visit my dear blogging friends. It was just too painful and I felt SO isolated and totally alone. I hope you understand why I haven't been by sooner to visit. Belated Merry Christmas, dear Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of emergence is a great one, especially right now with Covid being so bad. I hope you had a nice visit to your MIL. And I do like the face with all those hearts. Wherever she is emerging from, she is full of love and joy. Happy new week. and thanks for joining at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is such a dynamic piece of art. We all need to emerge from where we are. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.