Sunday 27 December 2020

Divided

 Happy Sunday Everyone!

Here's another page for Tracey's The Meaning Of theme at Art Journal Journey.

My meaning for this page was that we were divided from our children, the two lower hearts being us in the south, and the upper two hearts were them in the north. I was having a sort out in my studio, and came across the clothing label that had the word 'divided' on it. And the piece of map symbolises the distance between us. However, as I said yesterday, we video talked with the children so much over Christmas, we didn't feel too divided after all. I think this is one of my favourite pages in my Advent journal.

I hope you're having a great weekend, thanks for visiting,

Alison xox

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely incredible, Alison. The symbolism is unmistakable. I'm delighted you had a chance to visit with family even if it was virtually. I really enjoyed this entry and so glad you had a great boxing day and Sunday, too. I almost forgot to thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Art Journal Journey using Tracey's theme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page, so meaningful! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page has some wonderful texture to it Alison. And the meaning and how your represented it on your page blows me away. This is such a great page for Tracey's challenge. Even the divided clothing tag is such a great addition. Happy new week, and thanks again for joining us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like a little combination of everything you love together on one page, you've always been an inspiration to me with your teabag art. The divided tag ribbon was a great find and with the little piece of map it's all so well matched. The addition of the four hearts make it all a cosy combination together, here's to lots of cosy family time together asap..
    Thank you for joining me again @ AJJ Alison Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This thoughtful page is creative and beautifully composed. Love it.
    Have happy and health rest of this old year. Let's see in new year. again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art is to beautiful, expressive, and touches the heart. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.