Thursday 17 December 2020

Kasia's Advent Calendar - Day 9, and some Happy Mail.

For Day 9's page we were focussing on Connection. What does it mean to us? How do we define it? In 2020, connection has taken on new meaning for us. We see so few people, that even if we just say good morning to someone that we pass on our morning walk, we have made a connection that day. 


I'm linking my page to Tracey's The Meaning Of theme at Art Journal Journey.

And here is the wonderful happy mail I received from dear Mia of Craftartista today. This is her birthday blog candy that I was so fortunate to win. A beautifully sewn glasses case, and Mia included a gorgeous tag with a note written on the reverse. My sunglasses fit into the case perfectly. Thank you Mia! xx


Keep safe everyone, and thanks for visiting.

Alison xox


8 comments:

  1. Perfect choice for the theme and wonderful, warm spread. Nice case from Mia.
    Happy holiday season ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhh...... I love love love this piece. That art of it touches me the meaning even so. I only see other people when I go to the store and then it is the workers. ( I go when the store opens so no others there) I make sure to say good morning to everyone. It makes me feel good and I hope it makes them feel good too. I didn't know how much connection I needed until covid. I am very glad I have you in my circle. Have a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful journal r and a fab gift from Mia, enjoy! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison this has to be my favourite so far, like sunrise with a vision in the background.. the 5 circles reminds me of my family. Beautiful work, that colour scheme is really working!!
    What lovely happy mail from Mia, so kind and generous, happy to see your Sunglasses fit perfectly.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your spread, Alison. It is amazing how you combined all the different details together. Great color combination too.
    And: I am very glad that you like my little gift to you. Enjoy, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great journal page. Thanks for linking to AJJ. I like today's connection topic. And Connections are really needed right now. I like how you showed it too using the teabags! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page! Loving the colours and design 😀. It seems we are connecting with people in different ways now due to Covid, and it seems even more important to stay in touch and reach out to people. Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your teabag art, but I also love the colors you chose for this latest spread. For me, connection means internet friends, since I'm not going anywhere. Unfortunately I live on a busy street in the city and no way to avoid people or cars. You are SO lucky to have a place to walk where you can do so safely. Thanks, too for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Tracey's theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.