Monday 14 December 2020

Kasia's Advent Calendar Challenge - Day 6

 The prompt for Day 6 of Kasia's Advent Calendar challenge was 'Don't Complain'. We had to try not to complain about anything for a day. It's very hard! I tried to be more aware of any negative feelings I had. I wrote down a few things I am grateful for instead.

I used a Stabilo All Aquarellable pencil to write on my page, then activated it with water. On the left side of my page, I've glued down some Queen Anne's Lace that I pressed a few months ago. We saw a lot of this on our walks, it's so pretty and delicate.


I'm linking my page to Tracey's The Meaning Of theme at Art Journal Journey.

Wishing you all a wonderful new week,

Alison xox

9 comments:

  1. My daughter and I have a rule, if we say something negative we have to return it with a positive. Your art piece is definitely a positive. I love the yellow in this. The piece is very dynamic. Enjoy your Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This prompt spoke to me, Alison. Your journal page is lovely with that beautiful Queen Anne's lace. This turned out great. Thanks for sharing it with us using Tracey's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

    I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. I'm alive, have two healthy cats, a stable internet (for a change) and that makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful journal spread, love the flowers. We all tend to complain a lot, gratitude is better. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pressed queen Anne's lace is amazing and looks super on your page. Aren't those stabilo pencils great? I like how you are trying to keep it positive. I just hope the watered over words doesn't mean your hope is gone. Thanks for joining us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! Love the Queen Anne's Lace. Looks like sparklers.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree the positive attitude is better.
    Your spread is beautiful with calm feel.
    Enjoy the day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alison, I love the flowers and those inky words! I want to try both! Wow. So pretty and so cool! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love the delicate Queen Anne's lace that you pressed and added to the pages - stunning! Thanks for the inspiration, happy wishes 😀. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and positive, I made a decision early on in the year that there was so many more things to be grateful for than negative in life. I'm glad you put all that's good into this page the colours work beautifully. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.