Wednesday 1 April 2020

Art Journal Calendar - April 2020

Hi Everyone! First of all I want to thank each and everyone of you for the fantastic support you've been giving me for my index card art. It means the world to me to see your lovely comments on my posts.

And now, here is my art journal calendar spread for the new month. Valerie has a theme of Geometric Shapes over at Art Journal Journey, and as I used my little rectangle Gelli Plate to create my background, and there are a few circle designs, I'm going to link up there.


I managed to remember to photograph my background before I'd stencilled all of the flowers! As I said, I used my little 5x3 rectangle Gelli Plate. I used rainbow shades of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylics, and the flower stencil was the waste from a cardboard shape.


I created my title with a PaperArtsy stencil, then used black and white gel pens to add the day numbers, outlines, and doodles.


I love how some of the background shows through the translucent paint I used for the stencilled flowers.

Thank you so much for visiting!

Love & blessings,

Alison xox

12 comments:

  1. Good morning Alison. This is outstanding! I love the colors in the background and the the blue just pops. Well done indeed.
    Be safe and Elbow hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fabulous geometric background for your calendar. Love the colours and great idea with the hello plate, I have been neglecting mine! All I all delightful pages full of colour, and thanks for linking to my theme at AJJ. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. this is stunning! GREAT!!!
    Happy day , take good care of you!

    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning,
    the colours are just prfect for the month April-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool idea ~ I love the colors and shapes! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice rectangles and colors Alison. Thanks for linking up to Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colored and imaginative with the shapes of your calendar page April
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh. This is absolutely incredible. As always, your calendar puts mine to SHAME. I absolutely LOVE it. The background is great and those flowers are adorable shapes. Of course, what got me was all the detail you added to the flowers with your white pen. My fingers are aching just thinking about all that work (grin). Thanks beyond belief for sharing this with us using Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An amazing design foe your calendar page, those flower shapes look lovely.
    Thank you for linking to Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Stay safe and well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You Have Captured Something Special Here - I Appreciate Your Creative Flair

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab shape for your calendar! Love the colorfulness and playfullness! Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's one bright and happy calender spread! I love the colours and layers of patterns - fabulous 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Keep well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.