Thursday 23 April 2020

30 Days of Mixed Media with Ana - Days 16-22

Hi Everyone!

I've got another week (8 days ;-)) of mixed media art for Ana's challenge to show you today. Get yourself a cuppa!

Day 16 - Watercolour. I really loved the results I got with my watercolour paint, and added a few doodles.


Day 17 - Rust. Love, love love making rust with water and vinegar! And look at that gorgeous rusty paper!


Day 18 - Wax. It's been a while since I used the wax. I made a card using a piece of the rusty paper, and some rusty elements, together with Carabelle Studio stamps and stencils, Distress Oxide inks and natural wax. I love how the wax made the rusty paper transparent, it was the back of one of my old Downe Village paper round sheets :D



Day 19 - Oxides. I inked up the background stamp with the only 3 distress oxide colours I have, then misted with water and stamped. Stamps are from Carabelle Studio. Oh yes, I added some watery splatters of the ink too :-)


Day 20 - Stencils. You may have seen this photo a couple of days ago, as I doubled up with Gio's challenge. I used lots of stencils on my Gelli Plate, and to finish a couple of tags.


Day 21 - White. Using one of my gel printed tags, I stamped and embossed with white EP. I finished with some white ribbon, which I curled by heating with my heat gun. Haven't done that in a long while!


Day 22 - Collage. I made a collage with some gel prints, and also made a collage of different stamped images.




Bit fuzzy, but hopefully you can see the dimension in that last photo.

That's all for now, thanks for dropping by,

Alison xox

11 comments:

  1. Su much fantastic art Alison, one piece lovelier than the other. Glad you are having such fun being creative. Sta safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous collection of art projects Alison.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, stunning artwork! I loved seeing all the different techniques that you used and the pieces that you created look so amazing - beautiful 😁. The rusty piece is fabulous, the results from the water and vinegar is perfect! Thanks for the inspiration and I hope you're having a lovely week! Keep well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous collection love the mixed media x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these, however for some reason the first one just grabs at me. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only cool rusty paper but those embellishments look great too. Rust is such a cool effect! You made so many amazing pieces of art Alison. It is, as it always is, hard to pick a favorite, especially since these are all so different. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,such wonderful creations. Just adore the wax piece. Enjoy your art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I apologize for not visiting sooner. I was awakened yesterday by such a loud noise, it shook my entire house. It also knocked my electricity out for over 20 hours. Then I couldn't get on the internet, but AT&T was able to reset my internet from their facility (for a change).

    You had me at rust. I love rust. But I also really love everything you made including those hearts on the tags made from a gel plate. You come up with some of the most clever ideas and you have a ton of products to fit the bill, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, very cool creations Alison! You are very artistic!! I also love your blog name!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant week's worth of art (and I'm guessing there's been other stuff going on too!). There are so many gorgeous things here, but the first half of the post particularly made me happy. Love the watercolour sunflowers against the sky, and the rusted bits and bobs and paper, and then that stunning page with the waxy rusted paper and contrasting turquoise accents - just fabulous! Great gelli makes to round the week off - but my heart stayed with that waxed leafy stem, to be honest!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW brilliant creations love all the rusty stuff and paper,great doodling,stencilling and love the watercolouring
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.