Monday 6 April 2020

30 Days of Mixed Media with Ana - Days 4 - 6

Hi Everyone!

Here are some more fun techniques for Ana's Instagram challenge.

Day 4 - Glue. I made some masks with my glue gun, then used them with spray inks. I also drew circles on card with my glue gun, painted with acrylics, then highlighted the glue circles with Treasure Gold.



Day 5 - Gesso. I used black and white gesso through a Carabelle Studio stencil. I added distress ink to the black one, with splashes of water. On the white gesso, I spritzed with water, then dripped Liquitex Acrylic Ink.



Day 6 - Stamps. I got my 5x3" Gelli Plate out, applied acrylic paint, then stamped into the paint with Carabelle Studio stamps. I printed sections of each colour of paint on the cards. Then I added stamping with paint and black archival ink. I'm linking these cards to the More Mixed Media Challenge, Anything Goes with Optional Yellow.



I hope I've inspired you to play.

Love & blessings,
Alison xox

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous art, you have been having fun. Thanks for joining us at More MixedMedia. It would fit well to AJJ, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous backgrounds-never thought of using black gesso through a stencil
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I really like effect of the glue! Hope you're still hand washing! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, Alison, I love what you have created. I have no gesso, so I'm delighted to see what you have created. That black gesso through a stencil is unusual.

    I love what you made with your gell plate. I have a hate/hate relationship with mine, but it's big. You made a fabulous page.

    I actually HAVE made masks using hot glue. I like what you created. The pages are fun and using the one in your art after you had used it as as mask is brilliant. Way to rock this challenge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alison.I don't know how I missed this post. The glue gun art is fabulous. There is so much one can do with the glue from a hot gun. LOL The Gelli Plate art is amazing too. You mentioned in a comment about your oat bread I would love that recipe if you would like to share it. Thanks so much. Be Safe and Elbow Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.