Wednesday 8 April 2020

Sing Little Bird

Hi Everyone!

I sat out in the garden this morning, eating my porridge, and listening to the birdsong. It was warm and sunny, and a moment to forget all of the madness.

Inspired, I created this little art journal page for Valerie's Geometric Shapes theme at Art Journal Journey.


Starting with a torn book page, I glued an opened out, slightly scrunched teabag to it, then scraped some turquoise paint in places. Next I used the dropper from my black india ink pot to sketch the bird. To make him stand out, I painted around him in turquoise, and then I added the triangle marks, the title, and some contrasting red. I mounted the page onto black card, and this will be attached to a burlap page in my Dina Wakley art journal, probably with staples.


Wishing you all a creative and happy day,

keep safe and carry on,

Alison xox

12 comments:

  1. This page is totally adorable, Alison, I love it. What a great idea. I can picture you sitting in your garden and enjoying your creative time. Thanks for linking to AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute, I love that bird and his torn page body, gorgeous design!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and as I said on FB a perfect morning
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little bird Alison. The triangles make nice feather crown and also a nice border. Thanks for joining us at ARt Journal Journey and Valerie's challenge. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very special little creation Alison inspired by the that sweet birdsong, The turquoise really makes him stand out and sing out to us even louder. Bet it looks great now attached and safe within your journal.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison this is perfect. It feels like you were sitting in the sun with the birds singing to you. Be Safe and Elbow Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great idea beautiful design of your journal!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really sweet bird, I love how you added the book page pieces. and its a lovely page for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey. Its good to sit and listen to the birds singing
    Stay safe and well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to start your morning. Our garden is large and quite exposed and this morning when I went out it was quite a chilling wind so I came back in. Glad you got to eat your porridge out of doors with the birdsong.
    Great inspiration for your little bird. I love him and am amazed at how you actually drew him (if I have it right). Love the turquoise around him and I bet he fits into your journal really well.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous use of a tea bag, Alison. This is adorable. Your incredible bird made me smile, something I don't do much these days. Thanks, too, for once again sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Valerie's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little bird! It is such an inspired design, the turquoise paint, black ink and red accents work so beautifully together - amazing 😁. Happy Friday and I hope that you have a lovely weekend too! Happy Easter and keep well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun bird - how cool you drew it with a dropper! Love that you used a tea bag too. Very cool and very inspiring! Great creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.