Friday 1 April 2022

Art Journal Journey April Challenge - Play It Again Sam

 Hello All.

I'm delighted to be the host of the April challenge at Art Journal Journey

My theme is 'Play it again Sam', and my ideas for this are pages based on your favourite movies or songs.

I have created a page inspired by the movie Pretty Woman, which stars Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. I love the Cinderella themed love story, and I've watched this movie many many times. I love the song Pretty Woman too.

I used watercolour crayons to create a background, then added collage and the magazine woman. I created the song lyrics with my Dymo label maker, and finished with some scribble writing and outlines.

I hope you have fun with this theme, and I look forward to seeing your beautiful art journal pages uploaded at Art Journal Journey this month.

Happy April!

Alison

12 comments:

  1. I believe I'm going to enjoy this month using your theme, Alison. I hope I'll be able to fit it in well with my idea of recycling. Your page is wonderful. I keep forgetting to use my Dymo label maker, and now that I see how nicely yours goes with your entry, I should try to dig mine out. I love the background and of course, all your scribbles. As always, I adore your art. Thank you for hosting this month at Art Journal Journey, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous theme and page, have fun hosting this month! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a fun month at AJJ. With this new theme Alison. And what a fun way to start to month. Nice movie pick and nice page to go along with it! Happy April. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't often visit a cinema, however it is one of my all time favourite films and this is a fantastic page .
    It is wonderful inspiration for the theme you have chosen for us this month at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne xx
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page love the image you chose and great song
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tribute. I have watched that movie hundreds of times myself. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool idea for a theme AND super cool page. Love all your techniques. One of my favorite movies too - never get tired of watching it. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting this month. It's a wonderful theme. And of course, I love 'Pretty Woman' too, Richard Gere and Julia Roberts.

    You made fine art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful, Alison! And I love the song/movie you picked, too! Thank you for hosting this wonderful challenge. I can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you as April's AJJ host Alison and a great theme for us all. Your collaged lady is indeed pretty as a picture. I too loved the film Pretty woman and have watched it many times, your so right with it's Cinderella effect.
    Sorry I have been around much recently care duties & house hunting has taken up so much of my time recently.
    Hope you are keeping well Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought before I got some rest I could at least visit you Alison! I love this theme and was so looking forward to it! I I can make amends soon! Your first page is fabulous - love the film too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.