Wednesday 13 April 2022

Music Was My First Love

 One of my most favourite songs is Music by John Miles. Whenever it comes on the radio, I turn it up loud, and sing my heart out to it, with lots of arm waving conductor style ๐Ÿ˜. So I had to include it on a page for my Play It Again, Sam theme at Art Journal Journey.

I used a piece of music sheet, and some collage pieces I had lying on my desk, then stamped the Dina Wakley heart on a painted piece of paper and cut it out. I found some very old alphabet transfers and my Dymo tape for the words.

I'm going to have to find the song on YouTube now, and have a good old sing to it. Here it is. Sad to see that John Miles passed away on 5th December 2021. Here's a more up to date version in 2017.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison


13 comments:

  1. You are so brilliant with your art. Sing and dance today my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome collage creation ~ very creatively done ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in all your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous collage page and love the song
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastically creative music art page. I’m sure the words resonate with many people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great page. You have so many fantastic details. I don't know this song off the top of my head, so I need to go check it out. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, Alison! Every bit of it! I can also easily imagine you singing your heart out :D

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. You chose a wonderful song for your beautiful page. Sorry to hear that John Miles died! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous collage and layers Allison . It is a wonderful inspirational page for your theme over at AJJ. I will be reminding myself of that song , thanks for the link.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's in my head now and I am singing (but not waving) - such a great piece - I love the music down the left side with the torn pieces over.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the layers of and the love. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this song, too. It is beautiful and fun to sing along. I love the various papers you used and of course the heart with the music, too. This journal page screams music to me and the words only reinforce it. Thank you so very much for sharing this lovely entry with us at Art Journal Journey using your theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so creative! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love the colours and layers ๐Ÿ˜€. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.