Sunday 3 April 2022

April Art Journal Calendar & AJJ - Red Rain

 Hello All.

I finally got around to creating my April calendar yesterday, and it was inspired by the great Peter Gabriel's song Red Rain, which links it perfectly to my theme Play It Again Sam at Art Journal Journey.

I started with a layer of teabag papers, then scraped light blue acrylic randomly over this. I hand-cut the raindrops from various red gelprints, and die-cut Tim Holtz's Umbrella Man and lettering from scraps of black card.

I used a red acrylic marker to add shadow to Umbrella Man and my title, and also some red splatters. I used a black gel pen to write some of the lyrics of Red Rain around the edges of my spread, and to add shadow to the red raindrops. I wrote in the day numbers, and finished with some randomly stamped lines using a Crafty Individuals stamp.

Here's my March calendar all filled in with my daily happenings from last month.

I pleased to let you know that Hubby's MRI was clear on Friday, but he has to return to the hospital for a neck scan and more tests tomorrow. 

Wishing you a happy Sunday, and thanks for visiting me today.

Alison

12 comments:

  1. Good to hear your hubbys tests were clear and fingers crossed for the tests tomorrow.Great calendar pages and love the red raindrops
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your April pages are just perfect, I hope we don't get too much Red Rain, but I love the artwork! take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great song and a great calendar to go along with it. I love the red raindrops. TH umbrella man works perfect with the raindrops too. Hope your having a great weekend Alison. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful journal page and a great song! Love the colours. Hugs, valerie
    Good luck to your hubby for the tests!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this calendar! I have always loved turquoise and red together. I will pray for your husband-this has to be a very scary time for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab calendar spreads- love the red rain- song and art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news on the hubby front. Now lets hope the next test results are as enlightening.

    As always, your incredible calendar pages put mine to shame. I especially love the background with the teabags, but the raindrops you fussy cut are brilliant and incredibly colorful. Not only do they make great days on which to write, they also go perfectly with the song and your theme at Art Journal Journey. Artful, clever, and beautifully done, too. Such a great use of the Umbrella man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You created a fantastic calendar page with that song in mind Allison, great inspiration for your theme.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear that your's hubby's tests were clear. Wonderful calendar pages, the colours go so well together. My favourite is the red shadows around the black. Love your March calendar all filled in. I would love to do something similar one day.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great illustration for your chosen song making a lovely LO for your journal pages.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I love how you used the song "Red Rain" for your first calendar page. It's so creative and beautiful. And I love your second calendar page, too! I was happy to hear that your husband's MRI was clear and I will say prayers for a good out come to his neck scan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Peter Gabriel (not quite as much as Phil Collins though) and your calendar pages are brilliant! Did a bit of a backtrack on your blog , so sorry about hubby and your other problems too! Hope he gets good treatment to solve the mystery. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.