Sunday 10 April 2022

Frankly my dear...

Is that a good enough clue to my inspiration for this page? 

It's another one for my Play It Again, Sam theme at Art Journal Journey. It is of course the golden oldie 'Gone With The Wind'.

I used a previously made inky background of reds, oranges and yellows. I can't remember whether I used Distress Inks or Dylusions. I thought this fiery background worked well for the theme of the film.

The lace stamp is from a small Prima set, and the dresses and quotes are from an old Joanna Sheen stamp set that I've had for years. I hand-drew and watercolour-painted the Confederate flags. 

Thanks so much for all your recent comments, and for visiting me today.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Alison

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! Loving the movie reference, that's such an iconic film 😁. The font is as gorgeous as those pretty dresses - perfect! Happy Sunday! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant page love the dresses,sentiments and lace stamp
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie. And you did a great job with your page. Those are cool stamped dresses and the lace is very time appropriate, so it looks like you stepped right back to the 1860's. Have ever read the book? It is even better than the movie. Hope you've had a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear Alison! This is certainly a grand page! Hugs, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The town where I grew up had a special showing of Gone with the wind. My grandmother took me. I was five years old and the only thing I remember is that last line. Pretty sad for four hours of movie time. However, I sure love your beautiful rendition of the film. I like how you made the dresses look quite authentic and the flags, too. Thanks for this truly lovely addition to your theme at Art Journal Journey, Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic page, beautiful gowns and quotes from the film, it is super inspiration for your theme over at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and very imaginative page inspired by a great film! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alison this is amazing. It reminds me of paper doll dresses. Nice memory. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful ode to a favourite classic film of mine too, I have it on video tape and DVD.. The soundtrack is fabulous. Your dresses remind me when Scarlet say's "Mammy tear down those curtains and make me a dress" and what a dress it was..
    Love it!! Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes that is the perfect background for the film you chose and I love the elegant dresses that you have shown to us.
    A great idea and a great page.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.