Wednesday 3 February 2021

February 2021 Art Journal Calendar

 Hi Everyone!

I'm here today with my February calendar spread. 

I recently discovered stamping with watercolour paint, and I used this technique for my background, over collaged and gessoed music and book paper, with some Dina Wakley heart stamps, Reeves watercolour tube paint in phthalo blue, and some metallic gold pearl watercolour paint from Imagination Crafts. I added a splattering of the paints too :-)


For my journaling, I stamped another of Dina's hearts 28 times onto gesso music paper with black archival ink, cut them out, inked the edges, and glued them to my pages. I used the phthalo blue watercolour paint to colour in the Valentine's Day heart, to make it stand out. 


I used Darkroom Door alphabet and number stamps for my title.



And finally, here's my January calendar all filled in...


Wishing you all a happy and healthy new month.

Thanks for visiting! 

Alison xox

16 comments:

  1. Wow these are great!!! Stamping and water colors are kinda your thing. LOL So pretty. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages and love the watercolour stamping
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pages, love the golden hearts! Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always amazed by your completed calendars. You are so disciplined, Alison. Great new calendar too - love the hearts and the stamping with watercolors. Fab calendar pages. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous calendar for February. I love the gold against the blue. Thanks so much for joining us for Valerie's challenge this month at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thanks for linking up to Try It On Tuesday also Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the watercolor stamping of the Pages are wonderful and so sweet with the heart !!!
    Have a good day, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pages for Feb - love the hearts and the watercolour stamping is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning pages, i love both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love your calendar pages Alison. I also love watercolour stamping, it's so different to your regular stamping, and for the hattrick I love metallic watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the sparkle and hearts on your pages are perfect for February - love it! Happy wishes 😀. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always do a grand job with your Calendar pages, I was glad to seen the end of January it was a hard month for me. I love your watercolour stamped Feb calendar with the pop of metallic against each heart. I've been cleaning out palettes and filling with fresh paint this weekend during my clean up.. another job out the way. Yay!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous pages Ali. What a lovely idea for February. Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let's hope as you do each month of calendar pages the news you write on them improves (thinking virus here).
    Love the idea of using watercolour to stamp with but cannot seeing me being anywhere near as successful as you. Lovely hearts and i do like phthalo blue.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been quite a week so I apologise for only just arriving here now! I love thees colours and the Dina hearts really are fabulous here, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought I would start with the first of the month, and hopefully catch up from there. Your blue and gold hearts are incredible, dear. As I've said before, your calendar pages put mine to shame. Thanks for sharing these with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.