Saturday 13 February 2021

Creative JumpStart and More

 Happy Weekend Everyone!

I'm up to Day 35 (4th Feb) of CJS, and this class by Jane LaFazio was titled Mono-printed Mini Quilt.

I love an excuse to get out my Gelli Plate, and I decided to print and stitch onto a cotton bag. I put a sheet of plastic inside the bag, to avoid the paint going through to the other side.


For the mono-printing, I cut out some masks, and starting with my lightest colour, I built up some colourful layers on the bag. 

I haven't done chainstitch or french knots for a very long time, so I was impressed that I remembered how to do those. I used two strands of embroidery thread for all of the stitching.

I used the same mono-printing technique on an art journal page for RaspberryBlueSky's 52 weeks art journal Instagram challenge, the theme this week being Be My Valentine.

I added some silver metal eyelets and pen stitches, and stapled my page into my art journal. I'm linking this page to Valerie's Heavy Metal theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thank you for dropping by today,

Alison xox

10 comments:

  1. Awesome work! I love both very much. I have never tried the gelli plates

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always so impressed with your art. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Alison, you are sharing 2 fantastic pieces today. The bag is awesome, great stitching and colours. And I love the journal page with the fabulous eyelets. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ, much appreciated! Hugs,Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW love the printing and stitching on your bag and a fabulous journal page you are very talented with all these different techniques you use
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bag, It looks super and what a great idea. I will look for a bag or some cloth around the house now for this class. Smile. And nice journal page too. The idea of staples and brads is very clever and looks super. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ. I've got a snowy week ahead so I hope to get a few more classes in. Stay safe Alison. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous. You really are so talented. Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these beautiful and creative inspiration. I'd like to have the bag :)
    Happy and inspiring week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's such a beautiful bag! The colours are glorious and I love the stitching that you added too 😀. Loving that stamp on your pages too! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant post! I love the bag! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only is that a gorgeous bag you created, it also turned out fantastic because of your hand stitching, too. It's truly a remarkable bag that makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.