Wednesday 11 November 2020

Gratitude Junk Journal Day 8 - A Quote of Gratitude

Hello folks! 

I have an art journal spread to share today for Leah's Art Every Day Month Challenge Day 11. It's a spread I made for the Gratitude Junk Journal course, with a gratitude quote.


I started with a background of teabag papers, scraped some Seaglass Fresco acrylic across to pick up the textures, then painted my tree with DecoArt burnt umber. I added some hanging hearts and a quote, then finished with red paint splatters. I sanded the tree lightly to bring out some texture also.

Here's a closer look at the textures and quote.


You can see what everyone else has been doing at AEDM HERE.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox

8 comments:

  1. I had never heard or seen that Wilder quote before, but it certainly goes well with your tree and hearts. I love, love, love the beautiful background you created. I'm always so in awe of how you use your tea bags. This was definitely a fun, fun entry, and one you can be both proud of and grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison this is lovely. I really like the texture on the page too. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you created, it is a beautiful tree and quote.
    But I admit I don´t fully understand how you created it. But it turned out so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely page and quote! You got some great textural effects. The hanging hearts remind me of an online friend who crochets hearts and leaves them hanging on trees in her area as a message of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Alison. This is fabulous. And I can see those tea bags too! This is a fantastic spread! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quote and love the tree of hearts
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pages! The quote is so moving and your tree of hearts is perfect 😀. So funny that I've just created a page using hearts as leaves on a tree ...lol! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.