Monday 16 November 2020

Gratitude Junk Journal Day 13

 It's Day 16 of Leah's Art Every Day Month, and today I'm sharing my Gratitude Junk Journal page Day 13, a class with Shemi Dixon which was titled Gratitude For Our Bodies.

We started by writing down all our negative thoughts about our bodies, then covered most of this up with collage and paint. 

We finished by adding what we love about our bodies, it was a great exercise. I never thought I'd say I loved my scars and stretch marks, but because they are marks of such happy events, I love them.

Wishing you a happy and creative new week,

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison xox

8 comments:

  1. awesome spread Happy Monday (I am back on my Hummingbird blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, love your body self portrait :) Never really had negative thoughts about my body so, this kind of exercise would be difficult :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages and positive thoughts
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a great exercise. A difficult for some I would imagine. I will tell you that I have never liked being short. LOL I love this piece because it is so much of you. enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful in many ways!

    Yep, you earned those stretch marks and scars represent hurdles/issues you overcame. Both worth some loving.

    P.S. - Brad is happy to hear you like Elton John too! He's been to quite a few of Elton's concerts over the years. I went to one of those concerts with Brad...Elton is an amazing entertainer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good idea since there are so many times it's more what we don't like about our bodies. I also like my blue eyes, and being short. I'm not crazy about my sort of wavy and baby fine hair. Guess I wouldn't write that on my love page. Smile. Hope you are staying well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing journal spread Alison. I absolutely LOVE how you found so many positives about your body. This gratitude journal is turning out to be a joy, and your art is simply wonderful as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty pages! The gold and blue colour combination looks amazing and I love the process you followed of covering the negative with the positive statements, so empowering 😁. My observation is that you are beautiful inside and out! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.