Wednesday 25 November 2020

Gratitude Junk Journal Day 20

 Hi Everyone!

I'm a bit stressed today. Instagram and Facebook have suddenly decided that I'm a bit risky. Instagram isn't allowing me to like or comment on posts, or even write anything on my own posts, and Facebook won't let me link my blog. I'm wondering if it's my name Craftytrog. I'd hate to have to change it, as it's what a lot of my followers know me as. I've sent reports to IG and FB, and hopefully it will be sorted soon. It's just so frustrating!

Anyway, back to the art. It's Day 25 of Leah's Art Every Day Month challenge, and today I have my day 20 Gratitude Junk Journal page to share.

This was a class with Jackie Jimerson titled 'Gratitude for a bowl of fruit'. 

I really enjoyed the techniques Jackie showed us, the background in particular. The pieces of fruit were painted with watercolour, before being cut out and glued in place, and the bowl was stencilled with acrylic paint, then cut out and adhered.

I hope you're all safe and well, and thanks for visiting.

Alison xox

10 comments:

  1. first I felt my lips getting wider ending in a smile. Then I got in my head "it´s raining fruit" but thinking "it´s raining men". :)
    giggling, thanks! I love it, the colors and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O wonder why suddenly you can't work on those online sources. Perhaps someone hacked your account. Hope you get it fixed ASAP. Meanwhile, nice bowl of fruit! I like how you sketched them in an artistic way. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm not on any of those social media sites, I can't offer any advice. I just hope they answer promptly and give you some satisfaction.

    I was in awe of how much you put into this day's art. The stamping, coloring, stenciling, and fussy cutting were so well done. This is stunning, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page, lovely colours.
    Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the texture in the background and how it reflects differently on the bowl. I'm grateful each day for my bowl of fruit it's a great way to start the day. Sorry to hear about the problems with FB & IG have you tried putting @ or AKA Alison in your name? It may make a difference if they are both tightening up on names they do not register.. Hope it all fixes itself for you soon, don't let it get you down.. Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great journal page love the colourful bowl of fruit against the background.I got locked out of FB over a year ago because my page was carols cards and they said I had to use my name to get back in but they left the s on the end of carol lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the background texture. This is a wonderful piece of art with a bit of grittiness. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH no, Alison, I'm so sorry you are having issues with Facebook and Instagram. Facebook now owns Instagram so it could just be a glitch in their system. I personally don't see anything offensive in your name so hopefully it's not that. I'm sure you would have been notified if it was. I do hope it's just a temporary glitch but I understand your stress and frustration.

    Your bowl of fruit is fantastic! I love Monica's comment because it ties in with the fruit 'raining' into the bowl.

    Have a lovely day/evening,
    Serena xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much to be grateful for! Loving your pages and how you created the fruits - perfect 😀. Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.