Sunday 22 March 2020

Soothe Me Art Journaling Day Seven

Happy Mothering Sunday to all those mothers in the UK. 

It's a strange one this year, as we are all self-isolating, but I had lovely video chats with my children and my mum and dad, so I don't feel I missed out too much. And Hubby is cooking us a nice roast dinner, so I'm looking forward to that.

I've been making art, and I have my day 7 page for Soothe Me Art Journaling to share with you. The prompt was to work on a dark background.


The challenge only lasted 7 days, but there was a bonus 8th prompt which I'll be doing tomorrow.

Love and blessings,

Alison xox

8 comments:

  1. Hi Alison. So glad you were able to video chat with your family. Happy mother's day to you. Your art is lovely. I love the dark back ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page Alison. Stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page and love the colour Alison -very quiet day seen no-one until daughter just come home from work she works in a care home with dementia and a 12 hr shift today
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue is really pretty. I love the writing in the big circles. And I hope you had a nice mothering Sunday, even if it was little unusual. Keep washing your hands. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the contrasts here - the dark background is very atmospheric.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing colours and design - I love it! Isn't it great that we have video conferencing to stay in contact with loved ones, sounds like you had a fun Mother's Day 😀. Wishing you well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I missed your Mothering Day, but I like the way you handled the prompt. The dark background worked great with the beautiful abstract art you created. I like the disparity between light and dark. There's a moody feel to it, I think.

    I have no way to video conference, so I'm thrilled you can stay in touch with your family. At least you know they are safe and secure. And I suspect you have settled into a routine now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.