Monday 23 March 2020

Soothe Me Art Journaling - Bonus Prompt

Happy new week everyone!

On this beautiful and sunny Spring day, I have my final page for Kasia's Soothe Me Art Journaling to share with you. This is the Day 8 bonus prompt, using a technique with black ink. I first painted a background with red, pink, orange and yellow Fresco acrylic paint, scraping the paint on with a store card.

You add a blob of black ink, place a piece of paper or cloth on top to spread the blob out. Let it dry a little, then add some water and blot up ink with a clean cloth or kitchen towel. I found this quite addictive, although it takes a bit of practise. The first time I let the ink dry too much.



I finished my page with some white Posca paint pen dots and some journaling.

I'm linking my page to Mia and Ana's Craftlandia Challenge.

Keep smiling and washing your hands!

Love & blessings,

Alison xox

9 comments:

  1. Stunning effects .. and the white marks in the blobs make it special!
    Art helps so much doesn't it?!

    Beautiful!
    Stay safe and keep smiling Alison!
    I can imagine that ut is not nice to not be together with the children, really good that you can have contact via skype and so on.
    Blessings!

    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, looks like you had fun making it. Have a good and safe week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page, Alison. Thank you for sharing this great technique. Stay safe, my friend.
    And: Your page is perfect for Craftlandia Challenge, if you want to join me (see my blog). Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those white dots really pop and add such detail to this page. I love your choice of colors and the laughter quote. That's all we can do right now, isn't it? And yup, I am washing my hands. I know you are too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful words, fabulous colours and great energy. Brilliant page working through the current craziness.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours look amazing and that's a wonderful technique, sounds fun! I'm loving the words too, they made me smile 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright colourful page and great sentiment
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This actually turned out great. I like the contrast and the colors you chose. It's great you also used the white to make additional marks.

    Great advice to keep smiling and wash your hands, something I don't do often enough, I fear (even though they have now gotten so dry from all that washing).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and beautiful message!!
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.