Friday 6 March 2020

AJJ - Green

Happy Friday Everyone! I have a page in my Dina Wakley journal to share today, created for Eileen's Green theme at Art Journal Journey.


As you all know, I've been using up scraps on my collaged index cards lately. I decided to use a few of my green coloured scraps on this page, adhering them down, then scraping DecoArt Crackle Paste over them randomly. Before the paste dried, I lightly spritzed with water and sprinkled some PaperArtsy Infusions (Sage & Slimed) over the page. 

Once everything was dried and crackled, I adhered two gel-printed ovals and a leaf, adding white marks and some found book text. I finished with splashes made with my orange Posca paint pen.

I love how some of my paper scraps lifted and curled up, once the crackle paste had dried.


Wishing you all a happy and creative weekend,

Alison xox

13 comments:

  1. Wow what a gorgeous page! I love how the papers have curled at the edges too, it adds such lovely texture and the way you have added patterns to the leaves is amazing 😁. I hope you've had a lovely week and wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - so much texture and detail here. The crackled edges curling up and the doodled patterning on the leaves and all that amazing colour - it's a stunning page!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant --- The curling edges are the bonus .. looks awesome with all the fantastic details!
    Happy start of the weekend Alison!

    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page, love the speckled colours and the wonderful texture. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page, Alison! I love your background. That's a clever use of book text. At first I thought it was supposed to be found poetry. Then I realized, it might be the start of the story.

    Thank you for joining us at Art Journal Journey with this smashing green spread. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that are the wonderful texture and the background so very nice. great idea how you designed the page!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow very creative page-I love it!
    Happy weekend Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh. This is incredible. I love how the bits of paper curled. I would love to try that! It added a wonderful bit of texture that you normally don't get. I also love the composition of this entry, too. It's perfect for Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey, and great for using even more of your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool. The layers are wonderful, the curled edges were favorite too. Very cool journaling - made me start thinking a lot! Fun creation. I am studying it some more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the layers and the green! very cool page Alison! Thanks for sharing with us at ARt Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb Page, Alison...wow..love that crisp texture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how crackle paste takes hold of our artwork and tries to change it's shape as it dries, a beautiful page Alison, those wordy leaves are a great addition.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous background and love the curled edges
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.