Monday 15 March 2021

Cards for Mothers and Daughters

 Hello All.

I have a couple of cards to share with you today, the first is a Mother's Day card. I used the same techniques as on this art journal page a few days ago, with watercolour paint and a black pen sketched flower.

And the second is a new job card for my daughter. Beth has taken a secondment post for a year, on a government based project for sustainable aerospace. I'm very proud of my talented girl! She's very excited by the nature of the project.

I sketched the plane, created a stencil, and after stencilling with black paint on a mono-printed background, I used a white paint pen to add details. I finished with some suitable Tim Holtz phrase stickers.

Thanks for dropping by today,

Alison xox


9 comments:

  1. I just love the blue and gold flower card. The flower is very skilfully drawn.
    The second is completely different. How clever to make a stencil of the plane to put it on that complex mono-printed background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards, I love that flower! Congratulations to you and your clever daughter! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO, SO talented. I love the flower of course. It is a beauty. BUT that plane really spoke to me, because it shows another aspect of your incredible talent, dear friend. Beautiful cards, both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful cards for different reasons -your clever techniques on the plane one,and the doodled flower and gold splatters on the first-congratulations to your daughter too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Alison. These are both beautiful And congrats to your daughter. It sounds like a super professional challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The airplane design looks very beautiful and fits a gift card for your daughter.
    Greetings from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards! The Mother's Day card is gorgeous with the blues and gold and the background with the plane looks amazing 😀. I bet the recipients loved them too! Take care and wishing you a happy week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh - these are totally fabulous cards! The flower is so well done, but that plane card for your daughter is stunning, inspiring, and perfect for her. LOVE THESE! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Love the flower with those gold splashes! Good Luck to your daughter! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.