Friday 19 March 2021

52 Weeks Art Journal - Week 11

 Hi Everyone!

This week's theme for RaspberryBlueSky's 52 Weeks Art Journal Instagram Challenge is to use a colour you don't normally use. I chose the colour purple, with some contrasting yellow and orange.

This started with some torn pieces of gel prints, then a scraping of heavy body gesso. I scribbled some circles into the gesso, then spritzed, stencilled and splattered with purple inks. I used purple Distress Oxide ink to stamp and colour book and music pages, then cut out shapes for the flower. The small circles and leaves are cut from leftovers. I've been making some collaged Easter bunting to hang on my house ;-) I finished with some buttons, black doodles and splatters.


I'm linking my page to Sheila's A Single Flower theme at Art Journal Journey.

Wishing you all a happy and creative weekend,

Alison xox

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal page love the flower heads and buttons-great colour too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. I love purple, and orange and yellow go so well with purple. It’s a really good picture with the circles and buttons and of course the big flower. Thanks for another great addition to the AJJ challenge theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great, beautiful creativity you have brought to this journal page.
    I also love the colors and the buttons.
    Have a beautiful weekend, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous piece, and love the colours! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Vaerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you bout not using purple a lot. I don't know why that is. I love how used it here with the yellow and orange. I wouldn't think of that combo, but it works really well. Nice flower too. Thanks for joining us at AJJ, and happy first day of spring. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, I am not a big purple fan but I love your page very much. Beautiful! Happy Spring Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great way to repurpose past prints, circles always give a great hug. Pretty embellished flower, I struggle with purple I find it not an easy colour to use, I always push myself to use it in hair in portraits it seems to flow much better in my mind. Love what you did here Alison.
    I'm thinking there's something to celebrate with your bunting..
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a lot of catching up to do. Story of my life this year. But first, I'll tell you how much I love purple, yellow and a touch of orange together. This is so beautiful. Those buttons really add the magic touch, too. I'm so delighted you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey using Sheila's theme. You are so supportive of AJJ and we greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page! The purple looks so pretty with the white gesso underneath and the buttons finish the flowers beautifully 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors, love the patterns, and love your giant flower. Very creative and very fun! Love seeing what you come up with! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love this , the flower, the circles and truly fabulous colours! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.