Friday 20 December 2019

Sounds

Happy Friday Everyone!

'Sounds' is today's prompt over at Kasia's Advent Calendar Challenge. I could have mentioned the sound of my guinea pigs munching and squeaking in my art room, but I wrote the first three lines of Coldplay's new single, as I love the song, and I find the lyrics very poignant and appropriate for the times.


As you may have spotted, three round teabags made it onto my page.


A bit of finger painting too, with turquoise and green Fresco acrylic.


Some white gesso to pull it together, then writing, outlines and splatters with my glass dip pen and black india ink. I let the ink drip too, and it looks like the flowers have stems.



Alison xxx

8 comments:

  1. that is wonderful journal!!!!
    greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page, love the colours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hits closer to home than you may realize, Alison. It's the perfect words to the song, and I totally agree with the question. I like to ask on which side of the truth are you willing to stand?

    Poignant and important message, which resonates with me. The use of those amazing round tea bags are fabulous and I love your finger painted flowers. Thanks so much for sharing this with us using Yvonne's theme at Art Journal Journey. Your daily links have put me to shame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely awesome, I love the detail and way you framed the flowers with the words of the song and the music score in the background. I can imagine you hearing your guinea pigs munching in the background while you had, I hope a fun time finger painting.
    Thank you for all the wonderful pages you are adding to my theme at Art Journal Journey this month.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page I spotted the tea bags straight away!
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you used your tea bags. They really give some nice depth here. And music is always festive whether it is a holiday song, traditional music or something new. Nice! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is marvellous, Alison. It very much appeals to me. I like your restrained use of colour and the blue flowers and the complex musical background to go with the words and the tea bags, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.