Wednesday 11 December 2019

Kasia's Advent Calendar - Day 10 - Be Like A Tree

Hello Everyone!

The prompt for Day 10 of Kasia's Advent Calendar was 'Be like a tree'. This was inspired by Rumi's quote

'Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.'

We were asked to fill our page with writing.


My page already had some leftover green and turquoise paint on it. I wrote down all my thoughts and worries with a black watercolour pencil, then randomly flicked water on it with my fingers. I drew a tree with bare branches, and then flicked red and gold paint to represent the leaves dropping. I got a bit carried away with this!


This was a great exercise!

I hope you have a wonderful and worry free day!

Alison xx

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful page, great quote! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the writing underneath. I do that when I need to relieve some stress, and it always feel so good-plus makes a super background. Great tree Alison. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great page, I like the idea of having the writing being covered with your art, as if its a new beginning.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Alison. This is amazing. You DID fill the page with writing and a tree, too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Alison. I love scribbling my angst away and covering it up or wetting it so it blends into the background. Inktense are great for that, too. Thought provoking quote, too - reminds me of an Ulrich Schaffer meditation I LOVE, about being new every day!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page! The background encompassing all your thoughts looks amazing and showcases your tree wonderfully 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.