Sunday 15 December 2019

Light

Hello Everyone!

After a rough couple of days, the love of family, friends and Jesus have brought the light back into my life. It wasn't just the politics!


Today's theme at Kasia's Advent Calendar was Light (just right for my current situation), and Kasia showed us how to use candles to make marks to create a resist. A lovely effect, I used a Christmas scented one. I made scribbly circles, then painted over with watered down Prussian Blue acrylic. I used my finger to create a white heart, and hand-wrote my words and journaling. The blue scribbled writing was made in the white acrylic undercoat before it dried. The little red painted heart and splatters were added at the end.



Wishing you all a happy Sunday,

Alison xox

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've felt the blessings :) and I can feel the light arising in this piece. I like your choice of color here, the literal lightening of the blue. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better. Lovely page, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy things are better. Your lovely art is proof of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great you feel better! A wonderful page.
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are feeling better-great page and love the colour
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using the candle made a great effect. and glad to hear you have recentered. This time of year can be hard for so many reasons. Stay strong my friend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful page, the way you used the candle looks very effective. The light and love shines from your page. It was good to read that you were feeling able to create art, I hope each day will be a better one for you.
    Thank you for linking another fantastic page with us at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

  8. Absolutely heartfelt spread, Alison. I'm glad the light brought you out of your rather dark place. This is simply awesome and I like how you used the candle for the resist. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey, too. Yvonne's theme seems to be a favorite of yours this month and you have linked nearly twice as much as I have. You make me proud and very happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful your picture with the words! gloriously!!!
    greetings elke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally beautiful! The colours and the way you captured the light is amazing 😁. I hope that you are ok, sending healing thoughts and wishes your way! Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.